What products are offered by 3Com?
Products relating to Broadband Internet from 3Com include Wireless xDSL Access, , xDSL Switch and NAT VPN.
More information on specific types of product (such as those from 3Com) in the area of Broadband Internet can be found under:
- ADSL Switch. An ADSL Switch is a switch that is integrated with an ADSL modem, and possibly other components supporting an ADSL connection.
- DSL Router. An DSL router is used in DSL broadband Internet access to separate a customer's local network from the DSL network operator's network.
- NAT VPN. Special procedure are sometimes required if a VPN is established over a connection that contains a NAT device.
- Ethernet Router. An Ethernet router is a network layer (Layer 3) device that interconnects two Ethernet local area networks (LANs).
- Internet Connection Sharing. Internet connection sharing is used in various versions of the Microsoft Windows operating system to describe a process whereby two or more computers can share a single connection to the Internet/
- Ethernet Switch. An Ethernet switch is a data-link layer (Layer 2 of the OSI model) internetworking device.
- Wireless Router. The term wireless router is sometimes used for a router that is integrated in to the wireless access point for a wireless LAN (WLAN).
- Wireless xDSL Access. Wireless xDSL Access uses a wireless LAN (WLAN) to provide the customer's internal network, with the xDSL broadband modem and router built into the wireless access point.
- DSL Switch. A 3Com is a switch that is integrated with a DSL modem, and possibly other components supporting a DSL connection.
- xDSL Switch. A 3Com is a switch that is integrated with an xDSL modem, and possibly other components supporting an xDSL connection.
- Wireless DSL Access. Wireless DSL Access uses a wireless LAN (WLAN) to provide the customer's internal network, with the DSL broadband modem and router built into the wireless access point.
- VPN. A VPN (virtual private network) provides a secure, virtual tunnel between two network devices.
- PPPoE. The point-to-point protocol is a data-link-layer protocol commonly used on dial-up modem connections.
Please contact us if you would like to suggest other entries to extend the glossary. Please also contact Argos Press Pty Ltd to request information on licensing content from this web site (for example this entry on 3Com). © Argos Press Pty Ltd, Canberra, 2003-2009. All rights reserved.